Avoiding Family Feuds: Ethics in Family Practice AC17 (.MP3)
Ethical issues arise frequently in cases involving dual representation, marital fraud, immigration, and criminal history. The panelists will address the ethical responsibilities of practitioners in these areas. This session is appropriate for all levels of experience.
- Navigating Disagreements Between Petitioner and Beneficiary
- How Separation or Divorce Impacts Attorney Representation
- Who Represents Affidavit of Support Co-sponsors?
- Addressing Negative Information or Ineligibility Before a Tribunal
- What to Do When Clients Plan to Lie to a Tribunal
- Cyrus D. Mehta (DL), New York, NY
- Scott C. Titshaw, Macon, GA
- Steven Yale-Loehr, AILA Asylum and Refugee Committee Chair, Ithaca, NY
- *Lawrence Burman, Immigration Judge, EOIR, Arlington, VA
*This is a preliminary session description. All sessions and events are subject to change without notice. For a complete list of all the sessions offered at the 2017 Annual Conference please view the Conference Program.
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this conference recording. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, MO, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Avoiding Family Feuds: Ethics in Family Practice AC17 (.MP3)!