Supplemental J Form at the I-485 Stage: Planning for Changes - Recording (.MP3)
02:00 PM (ET)
Form I-485 Supplement J now requires the employer and foreign national to sign (and attest to) the intent to fill the position forming the basis of the I-140 petition. In addition, the supplement requests the job title and Occupational Employment Statistics code used for the PERM application and I-140. The panelists will discuss the realistic progression of job duties over time and the impact of those changing responsibilities. They also will identify proactive steps the attorney, employer, and foreign national can take to anticipate such developments.
- Spotting Issues on the Supplemental J Form
- Addressing a Possible Promotion Between the I-140 and I-485 Stage: In Practice and on the Form
- What Types of Changes Are Considered Acceptable by USCIS? Which Changes Are Not?
- Planning for Changes in the Position
- Best Practices for Continued Eligibility
- Strategic Initiatives at the PERM Stage to Prepare for the I-485 Filing