Business Immigration: Law & Practice, 2nd Ed.
Business Immigration: Law & Practice, 2nd Ed. by Daryl Buffenstein, Bo Cooper, Kevin Miner, and Crystal Williams is the must-have treatise if you practice employment-based immigration law.
Not only does it tackle the applications lawyers routinely handle, such as H-1B, L-1, E-1/E-2, and labor certifications, it also covers matters you'll only encounter every so often, such as E-3, J-1, and H-3 visas.
Where other references will tell you how to file a case, Business Immigration shows you how to lawyer a case! If you are a new attorney, it will provide you with the legal underpinnings you need to become a topnotch business immigration lawyer. For those at the midpoint of their career, this book will explore the more complex and sophisticated issues you're now facing. The more experienced lawyer will also benefit from the citations you need to prove your case, including non-precedent administrative decisions and adjudicative trends.
The second edition of this two-volume resource covers:
- National Interest Waivers (Goodbye NYSDOT, Hello Dhanasar)
- Application of Kazarian Beyond the EB1-1 Context
- New Rules on AC21 Portability (H-1B and Permanent)
- New Rules on ACWIA Fee and Cap Exemptions (“Related or Affiliated” and “Employed At”)
- STEM OPT Regulations and New Employer Obligations
- USCIS Adjudicative Trend: Finding Positions with Level 1 Wages Not to Be Specialty
- Effect of Revocation of I-140
- H-4 Work Authorization
- New 60-Day Grace Period
- Material Change and Matter of Simeio Solutions
- Prevailing Wage and Combination of Occupations
- Prevailing Wage and “All Other” SOC Categories
- Harmless Error on Labor Certifications: HealthAmerica to Simply Soup and Beyond
- The Latest on Kellogg Language
- Labor Certification Travel Requirements
- Dealing with SWA Job Order Errors on PERMs
- New H-2B Regulations
- Physicians NIWs and Matter of H-V-P-
- Nurses’ Eligibility for H-1B
- Function Managers and Matter of Z-A-
- L-1Bs and Third-Party Placements
- The Interplay of Final Action Dates and Traditional Cut-off Dates for When to File Adjustment of Status
- CSPA and “Sought to Acquire”
If you want a resource that will not only tell you what to do, but why do it, or if you’re in need of a go-to reference when replying to an RFE or an audit, or when filing an appeal, you need Business Immigration: Law & Practice. Order your copy today!
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Business Immigration: Law & Practice, 2nd Ed.!