Deportable Clients: To Naturalize or Not to Naturalize? - Recording (.MP3)
After years of flying under the radar, many lawful permanent residents (LPRs) who are (or may be) deportable decide they want to naturalize. Our panel of experts will discuss how to advise potentially deportable clients about the risks of applying for naturalization, what factors DHS considers in deciding whether to grant a naturalization application or initiate removal proceedings, and how to advocate effectively for your client.
- Who Cannot File an Application for Naturalization Under Any Circumstance?
- Reasons for Deportability: Conduct After Becoming an LPR Versus Being Inadmissible at the Time of Admission
- Analyzing Potential for Relief in Removal Proceedings If Everything Goes Wrong
- Determining If Your Client Is Mandatorily Detainable Under INA §236(c)
- Using Agency Guidance to Frame Your Deportable Client’s Case for Naturalization Persuasively
- Preparing Your Deportable Client for the Naturalization Interview
- Analyzing a Case in Light of the New Administration
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Deportable Clients: To Naturalize or Not to Naturalize? - Recording (.MP3)!