Implications of Layoffs for Foreign Workers - Recording (.MP3)
Reductions in Force (RIFs) of any size can affect foreign national employees differently than U.S. workers, even if these foreign national employees themselves are not laid off. Our panelists will review how layoffs can impact both immigrant and nonimmigrant visa processing, discuss issues affecting dual representation, and provide strategies for being proactive in a reactive environment.
- Impact of a RIF in the Nonimmigrant Context, Including Considerations for H-1B Dependent Employers
- When Must an Employer Offer Return Airfare Home? Special Rules for H-1B and O-1 Workers Who Are Laid Off
- Filing a PERM Application Less than Six Months from a RIF and Other PERM Strategies When Layoffs Are on the Horizon
- Layoffs During the I-140 and I-485 Stages
- Issues of Dual Representation, Including Immigration Counsel in RIF Due Diligence
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Implications of Layoffs for Foreign Workers - Recording (.MP3)!