AILA's Focus on the Child Status Protection Act, 2nd Ed. (PDF)
AILA's Focus on the Child Status Protection Act is newly updated and includes:
- The most recent administrative and federal court decisions defining key terms;
- The latest on retention of priority dates for aged-out derivatives;
- The new statutory provision on widows and derivative children; and
- Clarification on visa retrogression and the CSPA
This book provides an easy-to-understand explanation for all of the CSPA provisions and includes a flowchart, a sample worksheet, and many hypothetical examples to help make this complex area more intelligible.
AILA's CSPA explains:
- How immediate-relative children preserve their "child" status
- How F-2A children preserve their "child" status
- How derivatives in the employment and preference categories preserve their "child" status
- What the effect is of the petitioner naturalizing and how the child can opt out of conversion to the F-1 category
Author and Catholic Legal Immigration Network (CLINIC) senior attorney Charles Wheeler draws from his own experience and expertise, as well as from the collective wisdom of other practitioners who have examined, written, and litigated in family-based immigration, to explain the Child Status Protection Act (CSPA) and encourages readers to challenge government interpretations that are at odds with the regulation.
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase. This product is available in electronic format ONLY; no print copies are offered.|
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review AILA's Focus on the Child Status Protection Act, 2nd Ed. (PDF)!