High-Skilled Workers Final Rule, Part 2: Immigrant Visas and EADs - Recording (.MP3)
|Format||Live Audio Seminar|
On Friday, November 18, 2016, DHS published a final rule, “Retention of EB-1, EB-2, and EB-3 Immigrant Workers and Program Improvements Affecting High-Skilled Nonimmigrant Workers.” The rule goes into effect on January 17, 2017, and is intended to benefit U.S. employers and foreign workers by streamlining processes relating to the employment-based immigrant visa process and increasing job portability and flexibility for foreign workers. Part 2 of this two-part seminar will focus on the provisions relating to the immigrant visa process and employment authorization. Part 1 was held on December 2, 2016, and focused on the provisions relating to H-1Bs and other nonimmigrants. Topics for Part 2 will include:
- Permanent Portability Under INA §204(j)
- Validity of I-140 After Employer Withdrawal or Termination of Business
- Priority Date Retention
- Employment Authorization Based on “Compelling Circumstances”
- Automatic Extension of Employment Authorization for EAD Renewals: Who Can Benefit and Employment Verification Implications
- Elimination of 90-Day EAD Adjudication Rule and Interim EADs
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review High-Skilled Workers Final Rule, Part 2: Immigrant Visas and EADs - Recording (.MP3)!