Get Me Out of Here! Strategies for Getting Clients Out of Custody - Recording (.MP3)
Immigration attorneys are all too familiar with a client’s anguish after being taken into ICE custody. Getting a client out of ICE custody can be challenging, particularly if he or she is subject to INA §236(c) mandatory detention. The panelists will discuss some of the latest detention precedents and developments, and present strategies for helping a client get out of jail.
- Who Is Entitled to a Bond Hearing in Immigration Court?
- INA §236(c) and Matter of Joseph Hearings
- Clients Detainable Under INA §236(c): Arguments for Avoiding Mandatory Detention
- Limits to Prolonged Mandatory Detention
- Six-Month Rule of Rodriguez v. Robbins (9th Circuit) and Lora v. Shanahan (2nd Circuit)
- “Case-by-Case” Approach of the U.S. Courts of Appeals for the First, Third, Sixth, and Eleventh Circuits: Reid v. Donelan, Diop v. ICE/DHS, Ly v. Hansen, Sopo v. U.S. Attorney General
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Get Me Out of Here! Strategies for Getting Clients Out of Custody - Recording (.MP3)!