Can Clients Apply for Adjustment Even When Out of Status? - Recording (.MP3)
Generally, your client must be in lawful status in order to file an application for adjustment of status (AOS). However, there are exceptions to the rule. The speakers will discuss the various options potentially available in both the family and business immigration contexts.
- Legal Status Versus Authorized Status
- Categories Eligible for AOS: Visa Number Availability
- AOS Scenarios: Visa and Visa Waiver Admission, Parole (Including “Arriving Aliens”), EWI, Parole-in-Place, INA §245(i) Coverage, TPS, and DACA
- Adjustment in Family-Based Immigration: Marriage to a USC Versus an LPR
- Adjustment in Employment-Based Immigration: INA §245(k) as Exception
- Cross-Chargeability: The Sometimes Overlooked Solution
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
AILA has filed for MCLE and specialized credit in appropriate jurisdictions. To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided via webCLE. Eligible participants can receive up to 1.8 CLE credit hours.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details. Your jurisdiction may also limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. For more information on specific approvals, e-mail email@example.com.
If you have any questions about these terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Can Clients Apply for Adjustment Even When Out of Status? - Recording (.MP3)!