Immigration 102: Government Agencies AC16 (.MP3)
|Format||MP3 / PDF|
This panel is designed to provide an understanding of the different government agencies and their roles in the immigration process. Understanding what the various agencies do is the first step in knowing how to approach a case, and how to get started representing a client.
Key Topics Include
- DHS—Overview of Different Immigration Agencies (USCIS, ICE, CBP)
- DOS—Overview of State Department's Role In Immigration
- DOL—Overview of DOL's Role in Immigration (OFLC, ETA, WHD)
- DOJ—Overview of DOJ's Role in Immigration (EOIR, BIA, OSC)
- SSA—How Does SSA Play into Immigration?
- CIS Ombudsman—Role In Assisting Client with USCIS
- State Agencies With Which Your Client May Interact—e.g., DMV
Richard Yemm (DL), Santa Monica, CA
Diane M. Butler, AILA Board of Governors, Seattle, WA
Tristan Gunn, Chicago, IL
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this conference recording. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, PR, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable Expiration Chart for more details.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Immigration 102: Government Agencies AC16 (.MP3)!