An Insider’s View of the Supreme Court U.S. v. Texas Case
On April 18, 2016, the U.S. Supreme Court heard oral arguments in U.S. v. Texas—the most important immigration case the Court has heard in decades—concerning the constitutionality of the Obama Administration's November 2014 Executive Actions on DACA and DAPA. Our panel of experts will offer listeners an “insider's perspective” of these arguments, based on their first-hand observations of exactly what transpired in the courtroom that day. The discussion will include a brief overview of the lawsuit, a summary of the oral arguments, and an analysis of the potential implications of the various possible outcomes.
- What Were the Most Compelling Highlights from the Arguments?
- Were Any Surprising Questions Raised by the Justices? Were Any Important Questions Not Addressed?
- Attorneys Argued on Behalf of Three Potential DAPA Recipients and the U.S. House of Representatives, Respectively: Is This Unusual? How Did This Affect the Arguments?
- What Are the Ramifications If the States Win? Would the States and Localities Supporting DACA and DAPA Have Any Recourse?
- What Happens If the Court Issues a Four-to-Four, Split Decision?
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review An Insider’s View of the Supreme Court <em>U.S. v. Texas</em> Case!