Late-Breaking Seminar: Recent Developments in the H-2B Program - Recording (.MP3)
|Recording Date||02/29/16 |
02:00 PM (ET)
|Format||MP3 / PDF|
The 2016 Omnibus Appropriations Bill, signed on December 18, 2015, contains several provisions that impact the H-2B nonagricultural visa program. In response to these changes, the U.S. Department of Labor (DOL) issued emergency guidance on December 29, 2015 (updated on January 6, 2016), regarding implementation of the new provisions. These changes come at a critical time, as practitioners and employers are rushing to file H-2B cases for the first half of the fiscal year while starting to prepare and file H-2B petitions for the second half of the fiscal year. This late-breaking seminar will discuss the impact of these changes on H-2B filings, the current status of the H-2B program under the 2015 interim final rule, and strategies for navigating the ever-changing H-2B landscape.
- The February 19, 2016 DOL H-2B Emergency Procedures and Its Implementation
- Who Is Subject to the 2016 H-2B Numerical Limitations? The New Returning Worker Provision
- Documenting "Temporary Need" in Light of the New Changes
- New Provisions for the Use of Private Wage Surveys
- What Are the Employer's Obligations Regarding the "3/4 Guarantee" and Corresponding Employment?
- The Future of H-2B Audits and Supervised Recruitment
- How Flexible Is the Staggered Entry Provision for the Seafood Industry?
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Late-Breaking Seminar: Recent Developments in the H-2B Program - Recording (.MP3)!