Empowering Most Vulnerable—Ethics of Rep. Those Who Lack Capacity AC15
|Format||MP3 / PDF|
Key Topics Include
- What Legal Protections Are Available, DHS and EOIR Policies & Guidance
- Professional Obligations Under State Bar Rules and Agency Conduct Rules
- How to Determine Whether Your Client Lacks Capacity
- Providing Effective Assistance of Counsel When Your Client Lacks Capacity
- Who Has the Authority to Decide? Working with Guardian Ad Litem (GAL) and Family Members; Dealing with Conflicts, and Preserving Confidentiality
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Instructions on how to record your CLE credits are included in your written materials.
The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, IA, MN, RI, and TN.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit based on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.