2021 AILA Fall Conference and Webcast: Federal Court Litigation
October 11, 2021
The Venetian Resort Hotel, Las Vegas, Nevada, USA
2021 AILA Fall Conference and Webcast: Federal Court Litigation
This one-day conference features two tracks—one on removal, the other on business—devoted to helping you try your cases successfully in federal court. Learn new litigation tactics and strategies from seasoned practitioners as they share the wisdom they’ve garnered over their years of gallantly fighting for justice. Exchange courtroom battle stories with your colleagues from all over the United States to elevate your litigation acumen and bolster your resolve to continue your valiant efforts on behalf of your clients undaunted.
Removal Track (In-Person and Webcast): The expert panelists in this track will address advanced and master’s level litigation topics related to removal defense. This is not a basics course for learning the terminology. Expect to be intellectually challenged!
Business Track (In-Person Only): This track is designed to provide a foundation of knowledge for those new to business litigation, and to build on the skill sets of those more experienced AILA members who already have represented clients in mandamus and declaratory judgment actions in federal court.
Note: Due to the nature of the topic, registration for this conference is limited to AILA members only.
The speaker's/author’s views do not necessarily represent the views of AILA, nor do they constitute legal advice or representation. Practice tips provided are based on the speaker's/author’s experiences and the current state of the law. Please be sure to conduct legal research and analysis for your unique situation as the law changes quickly and experiences may differ from your own.
|AILA Members' Paralegal*||$475||$575|
|AILA Law Student Members||$275||$375|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$325||$425|
Because of safety protocols and limited seating availability and the requirement for registrants to sign the “COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – Liability Waiver and Release of Claims form, we strongly encourage you to take advantage of the Early Bird Registration and register by September 20, 2021. You can register for this event quickly and securely online by adding this item to your cart before the deadline and paying by credit card.
Advance Registration ends October 4, 2021 at 5:00 pm EDT. After this date and time, no registrations will be accepted. Because of safety protocols, no on-site registrations will be permitted.
Once you register online, the registration system will auto-generate a confirmation to your paid registration. THIS DOES NOT MEAN YOUR REGISTRATION IS COMPLETE. Once we receive your registration, you will, by email, receive a “COVID-19 Safety Acknowledgement – and Liability Waiver and Release of Claims” to be signed electronically by opting in or opting out and returning to AILA within 48 (forty-eight) business hours of receiving the form. Only then, and upon your receipt as noted of a second confirmation, will you be registered.
COVID-19 Health and Safety Information and Protocols
An inherent risk of exposure to COVID-19 and its variants (herein referred to as “COVID-19”) exists in any public place where people are present. AILA will follow the applicable COVID-19 health and safety measures put into effect for the time of the conference by federal, state, and local public health and government officials.
Attendance at the in-person conference is limited to all registered participants who have completed the registration process and signed this Waiver as instructed.
Assumption of Risk & Agreement
By registering for and attending the conference, you voluntarily agree to the following:
- To assume all risks related to exposure to COVID-19.
- To accept primary responsibility for taking steps to protect myself from contracting COVID-19.
- To follow all federal/local public health and government guidelines on COVID-19 health and safety in effect at the time of the conference.
- To fully comply with any health, safety, and other policies instituted by AILA and the venue while attending the conference, including any modifications and/or enhancements of health and safety protocols.
- To wear a mask at all times as directed by AILA, including but not limited to in the conference spaces except while eating or drinking.
- If required by AILA, to either (i) provide proof of vaccination against COVID-19, or (ii) submit negative COVID-19 test results on a daily basis or (iii) as required by AILA, a daily health check-in status at the conference/s.
- To pay for all costs and expenses if you contract COVID-19 or test positive for COVID-19 while at the conference, including but not limited to costs related to a mandatory or voluntary quarantine (hotel, food and beverage), medical care, transportation to and from a medical facility or hospital, and changes in travel plans.
- Hotel and conference services, as well as transportation services, may be modified or curtailed at any time if necessary or appropriate to meet COVID-19 health and safety practices.
- If you do not abide by the terms and conditions of attendance in effect at the time of the conference (as determined in AILA’s sole discretion), you will not be permitted to enter the conference and participate in person, or (if the conference has started) you will be refused further admission; and your registration will be transferred to the webcast option.
- AILA reserves the right to cancel your conference registration at any time and for any reason, and provide you with the applicable refund, in its sole discretion. If cancellation is for your failure to abide by the terms and conditions of attendance, you will receive no refund.
- Under no circumstances shall AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and contractors be liable to you for any injury, damages, claims, liabilities, costs, expenses, or other loss of any kind (including death), arising in any manner from COVID-19 or otherwise arising from your attendance at, or participation in, the conference.
- You agree that this Liability Waiver & Release of Claims does not supersede or limit any applicable law limiting or barring the liability of AILA, its officers, directors, employees, and/or contractors from any claims related to COVID-19.
AILA strongly recommends that all participants be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 before attending the conference.
The webcast option for participation in the conference will be available to those choosing not to attend in person, and those who cannot abide by the Assumption of Risk & Agreement terms above. Those participating by webcast are responsible for providing their own computer and other equipment used to access the conference. Webcast participants also assume the risk of computer and Internet malfunctions and connection problems.
By registering for the conference, I agree to the following terms and conditions:
All registrations are subject to approval and receipt of payment and of the electronically signed “COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – Liability Waiver and Release of Claims form. Registrations received without payment will be returned. If a registrant opts out of signing the Liability Waiver, they can either choose to transfer the webcast registration or request a full refund.
Registrations are NOT transferable and cannot be split among conference attendees. Cancellations must be received by the cancellation deadline date in writing to be eligible for the refund (less $50 processing fee.) Exceptions to the cancellation deadline will be made for emergencies and valid medical issues submitted with supporting documentation. Any and all liability of AILA with respect to registration, cancellations, changes in the location or content of the program, and refunds is limited to a sum no greater than the registration fee paid. Under no circumstances shall AILA be liable for incidental or consequential damages of any kind, including, but not limited to, the cost of transportation or lodging. Submission of registration and payment constitutes acceptance of the terms and conditions herein.
NOTE: all applicable policies and procedures for the "COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – Liability Waiver and Release of Claims apply.
Attention Non-members: Attendance at in-person, virtual, webcast and online programming including but not limited to AILA conferences, seminars, online courses, and roundtables is solely restricted to AILA members and their employees, government employees, and nonmember attorneys. Non-attorney attendance is limited to the employees of AILA members in good standing, to HR professionals who have an AILA member reference, employees of accredited educational institutions providing support to international student and scholar services at their employing institutions, and accredited representatives under 8 CFR §292.2. AILA will reject conference registrations from persons who provide representation without authorization in violation of 8 CFR §292.1, such as for-profit "immigration consultants" and "notarios."
AILA will, once your registration is received, and within 48 hours send electronically the COVID-19 SAFETY ACKNOWLEDGEMENT – Liability Waiver and Release of Claims form for your electronic signature. You will receive a second confirmation that confirms both registration and completed Waiver as your proof of registration. Badges may be picked up on site.
Full and partial tuition assistance will be offered for AILA National Conferences and Seminars based on need and availability. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
*Please note: All paralegals must first create a paralegal account on AILA.org and complete the AILA member paralegal verification process in order to register for AILA products and services. Non-member paralegals are not eligible to register. Paralegals cannot register for AILA conferences until the verification process is complete.
Attendance Reporting on webCLE
You must sign in and timely submit attendance using webCLE in order to receive CLE credits. The total number of credits available for AILA events is determined by state bodies and may vary by jurisdiction.
Use of Photographic Images
Registration and attendance at the AILA conferences and events constitute an agreement by the registrant to the use and distribution of the registrant's image, voice, and/or electronic communication in photographs, video recordings, electronic reproductions and video/audio recordings of such events by AILA. Your registration may include technology that monitors your activities throughout the meeting, such as session attendance and booths visited.
Codes of Conduct and Safety Protocols
All registrants agree to abide by the AILA Virtual Code of Conduct and the AILA’s civility code, and to abide by all COVID-19 Safety Protocols applicable at the time of the conference and as set by governments, conference venue, and by AILA.
AILA will provide ADA assistance if requested. Please e-mail email@example.com with what you need to fully participate for the conference. AILA may contact you to clarify your needs. Assistance may not be available if an adequate notice period is not provided.
To be announced.
Las Vegas, NV 89109
Hotel Reservation and Information coming soon!
Hotel Cut-off Date: 09/20/2021**
Cancellations received by September 20, 2021, entitle registrants to a full refund (less $50 processing fee). Cancellation requests will not be accepted after September 20, 2021, but the conference materials will be made available to all registrants in their AILA Agora Digital Libraries. Exceptions to the cancellation deadline will be made for emergencies and valid medical issues submitted with supporting documentation. All cancellations must be in writing or email to firstname.lastname@example.org.