Ask BIRT: AILA's Business Immigration Response Team Addresses Members' Most Pressing Questions
August 28, 2020
1:00 PM (ET)
AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are free learning opportunities for AILA members that feature a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to share and learn on a variety of topics. AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty chosen for their expertise.
Members of AILA's Business Immigration Response Team (BIRT) will address AILA members' most pressing business immigration questions.
Here are some sample questions for the upcoming Ask BIRT program:
- What are the adjudication trends/considerations for persons holding treaty-based classifications seeking extensions and/or change of employer filings (E-3, H1B1, or TN)?
- Can the BIRT Committee provide tips on preventing H-1B RFEs and responding to RFEs?
- How can INA 212(e)-subject physicians with expiring J-1s and approved O-1 petitions acquire O-1 status with all the land border closures and limitations on visa issuance?
- Who is actually allowed to get an H, L or J visa under the June 22, 2020 Presidential Proclamation?
- How can attorneys help prevent employers’ inadvertent LCA violations that arise from a remote workforce?
- What are best strategies for extending and amending Ls and Es given the unavailability of international travel and visa appointments?
- Michael Nowlan, Detroit, MI Moderator
- Alex Dgebuadze, Woodland Hills, CA
- Ellen Freeman, Pittsburgh, PA
- Roujin Mozaffarimehr, Newark, CA
- Danielle Rizzo, Buffalo, NY
The BIRT Committee invites you to submit your question or hypothetical for review and discussion by the Ask BIRT panel. (No case-specific submissions / no identifying information about clients, please). If your question or hypothetical is selected for discussion on the upcoming program, you will be notified prior to the program.
How: Submit your question/hypothetical to: email@example.com, with subject line "ASK BIRT" and include the following:
- Attorney name
- AILA member #
- Attorney contact info (phone and email)
Question/hypothetical submission deadline extended to Friday, August 21, 2020 (COB).