H-1B RFE Trends and Strategies for Winning at CSC, NSC, TSC, and VSC
August 4, 2020
2:00 PM (ET)
Immigration practitioners continue to receive high rates of RFEs on H-1B amendments, extensions, and change of employer petitions. Furthermore, due to internal redistribution among service centers to rebalance workloads, attorneys may see their cases assigned to an unfamiliar service center. Our experts will discuss the types of RFEs they are seeing at each service center, and will impart RFE response strategies, tips, and tricks that have been successful.
- Tips to Minimize Chances of Getting an RFE: Course Correlation Charts, No Change vs. Change in Previously Approved Employment, etc.
- SOC Job Titles Still Under Attack: How Do You Get These Challenging Cases Approved?
- What If USCIS Deems the SOC Code Selected as Incorrect?
- Latest Trends in RFE Topics: Unrelated Degrees, Sufficient Specialty Occupation Work Available, Employer-Employee Relationship, Level 1 and Level 2 Prevailing Wages, etc.
- What Supporting Evidence Works? Are Expert Opinions and Detailed Course Evaluations Worth Obtaining?
- The Impact of COVID-19 on H-1B RFE Trends
*Susan S. Im (DL), AILA USCIS Service Center Operations Liaison Committee Chair, Grand Rapids, MI
Joseph John Shepherd, AILA CSC Liaison Committee Chair, New York, NY
Eric M. Dominguez, Costa Mesa, CA
*Sonal J. Mehta Verma, Rockville, MD
*Invited, not yet confirmed
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
The H-1B RFE Trends and Strategies for Winning at CSC, NSC, TSC, and VSC web seminar takes place Tuesday, August 4, 2020, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm–3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm–2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm–1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am–12:30 pm pacific time
Tuition AssistanceFull and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, NH, OR, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of live audio/web seminars in FL. Programs are typically approved.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided within one week of the seminar date via webCLE.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about the webCLE terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.