Advising B-2 Visitors on Extensions or Changes of Status
July 28, 2020
2:00 PM (ET)
Advising B-2 Visitors regarding extensions or changes of status is becoming more complicated due to unpredictable processing times and delays. Our panel of experts will provide practical advice for maintaining your client’s status, including how to extend B-2 visitor status successfully, how to apply for a change of status to F-1, and tips for filing “bridging” petitions.
- What Documentation Is Required and Helpful for B-2 Extensions?
- How to Successfully Navigate Changes of Status to F-1 Status
- How to Time and File Bridging B-2 Petitions While F-1 Change of Status Applications Are Pending
- How to Respond to Requests for Evidence for B-2 Extensions or Change of Status Applications
- How to Update the SEVIS Record
- The Latest Effects of COVID-19 on B-2 Extensions or Change of Status
Dahlia M. French (DL), AILA Diversity & Inclusion Committee, Lubbock, TX
Dahlia M. French is the Managing Director of Immigration Compliance & Services at Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center. She is the AILA Message Center Moderator (Students & Schools) and a member of AILA's Diversity & Inclusion Committee. Ms. French received her J.D. from Howard University School of Law in 1993.
Dan Berger, Northampton, MA
Dan Berger is a partner at Curran, Berger & Kludt, and a founding member of the US Alliance of International Entrepreneurs, an Honorary Fellow of the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys, on the Advisory Board of the Presidents’ Alliance on Immigration & Higher Education, and a member of the USCIS Headquarters liaison committee for the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
Diane Butler, AILA Board of Governors, Seattle, WA
Diane Butler is a partner in the Seattle firm, Davis Wright Tremaine, where she focuses on business immigration. Before law school, she graduated from the University of Wyoming, worked on Capitol Hill, then worked in Shanghai for a Canadian law firm. She received her law degree from George Washington University. Diane was a director of the AILA Board of Governors from 2011 - 2020. She has an active cross border practice and enjoys troubleshooting problem cases.
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
The Advising B-2 Visitors on Extensions or Changes of Status web seminar takes place Tuesday, July 28, 2020, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm–3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm–2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm–1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am–12:30 pm pacific time
Tuition AssistanceFull and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, please contact us at email@example.com.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, NH, OR, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of live audio/web seminars in FL. Programs are typically approved.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided within one week of the seminar date via webCLE.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about the webCLE terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.