Hot Topics from the USCIS HQ Committee: What Happens Now with Public Charge?
November 21, 2019
4:00 PM (ET)
AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are free learning opportunities for AILA members that will feature a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to share and learn on a variety of topics. AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by AILA members selected for their expertise. Registration through Agora is limited to 150 participants and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to register early, as registration fills up quickly. Sessions take place via the Zoom conferencing platform.
AILA USCIS Headquarters (Benefits Policy) Committee provides a presentation and Q&A (questions submitted via email or chat) on the latest in DHS’s Public Charge rule and a review of the practical implications of the rule for attorneys planning cases to be filed with USCIS.
- Overview of DHS Public Charge Rule and Current Legal Action
- How to Plan Out Family-Based Permanent Residency Cases in the Current Public Charge
- Planning for the Implementation of the DHS Public Charge Rule in Your Office
- USCIS Adjudication of Adjustment of Status Cases, and Nonimmigrant Extensions/Changes of Status and more.
Please remember that these are live events and recordings will not be available. We look forward to having you join us ready to share your questions, thoughts and ideas!
- Kevin W. Miner, Atlanta, GA
- Tracie L. Klinke, Marietta, GA
- Jeremy A. Weber, Sydney, Australia