Ask BIRT: AILA's Business Immigration Response Team Addresses Members' Most Pressing Questions (December 2019)
December 11, 2019
1:00 PM (ET)
AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are free learning opportunities for AILA members that will feature a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to share and learn on a variety of topics. AILA University Video Roundtable Discussions are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by AILA members selected for their expertise. Registration through Agora is limited to 50 participants and is on a first-come, first-serve basis. Be sure to register early, as registration fills up quickly. Sessions take place via the Zoom conferencing platform.
Members of AILA's Business Immigration Response Team (BIRT) will address AILA members' most pressing business immigration questions.
Past discussion topics from this teleconference session in June 2019 and October 2019 have included the following:
- The H-1B petition extension was approved, but for a validity period that has already ended. What are the options?
- Struggling with ever-higher numbers of RFE’s and denials of your business cases?
- Questioning how to pursue case resolution strategies in times of decreased communication with the Service Centers?
- You had an Embassy refusal under 214(b) or 221(g) for a Blanket L-1B or E-2. What next?
- Wondering how to advise clients with STEM OPT trainees/STEM OPT’s at third party locations?
The BIRT Committee invites you to submit your question or hypothetical for review and discussion by the Ask BIRT panel. (No case-specific submissions / no identifying information about clients, please). If your question or hypothetical is selected for discussion on the upcoming program, you will be notified prior to the program.
How: Submit your question/hypothetical to: email@example.com, with subject line "ASK BIRT" and include the following:
- Attorney name
- AILA member #
- Attorney contact info (phone and email)
- Question/hypothetical submission deadline: December 2, 2019
- Matthew Hirsch
- Maria "Marisa" Casablanca
- Kathleen Campbell Walker
- Palma Yanni
Question/hypothetical submission deadline: December 2, 2019
Please remember that these are live events and recordings will not be available. We look forward to having you join us ready to share your questions, thoughts and ideas!