Ask BIRT: AILA's Business Immigration Response Team Addresses Members' Most Pressing Questions (October 2019)
October 30, 2019
3:00 PM (ET)
AILA's Business Immigration Response Team (BIRT) will hold a 90 minute teleconference featuring a panel of BIRT Committee members, emceed by BIRT Committee member Ian Wagreich. The BIRT panel will address AILA members' most pressing business immigration questions:
- The H-1B petition extension was approved, but for a validity period that has already ended. What are the options?
- Struggling with ever-higher numbers of RFE’s and denials of your business cases?
- Questioning how to pursue case resolution strategies in times of decreased communication with the Service Centers?
- You had an Embassy refusal under 214(b) or 221(g) for a Blanket L-1B or E-2. What next?
- Wondering how to advise clients with STEM OPT trainees/STEM OPT’s at third party locations?
The BIRT Committee invites you to submit your question or hypothetical for review and discussion by the Ask BIRT panel. (No case-specific submissions / no identifying information about clients, please). If your question or hypothetical is selected for discussion on the upcoming program, you will be notified prior to the program.
How: Submit your question/hypothetical to: email@example.com, with subject line "ASK BIRT" and include the following:
- Attorney name
- AILA member #
- Attorney contact info (phone and email)
Question/hypothetical submission deadline: October 15, 2019
Submission of your question in advance is recommended. Participants may email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org during the first 60 minutes of the program and the Ask BIRT panel will address the questions as time permits.
- Ian Wagreich, Emcee
- Mike Nowlan
- Vic Goel
- Matt Hirsch
- Reginald Pacis