Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook, 17th Ed.
As U.S. immigration law has evolved over time, so has Kurzban's. It will provide you with a brief history of U.S. immigration law so you'll gain a thorough understanding of how this practice area has evolved, bring you up-to-date with expert analysis of the current state of the law, and serve as a quick reference sourcebook for citations to a multitude of cases, statutes, regulations, and more.
Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook is the first reference thousands of immigration lawyers, immigration judges, and other government officials turn to for reliable answers to both simple and complex immigration issues. It is frequently cited in other immigration resources and case decisions—including the ineffective assistance of counsel ruling in U.S. v. Juarez, 672 F.3d 381 (5th Cir. 2012), in which the court stated that Kurzban's interpretation of the statute would have provided some guidance in the area and "would have helped guide [counsel's] legal discussion…").
Whether you're a seasoned immigration lawyer, a government official charged with reviewing and deciding immigration cases, or you're just starting your immigration law career, it's imperative you have the latest edition of Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook.
The newest edition will address the changes to removal policies and humanitarian programs as well visa as programs and benefits adjudications under the Trump administration.
It contains updates on topics such as:
- Travel and Refugee Bans
- Heightened Screening and Vetting of Applications for Visas and Other Immigration Benefits
- Public Charge and Affidavits of Support Changes
- Matter of Castro-Tum and the Inability of IJs and the BIA to Administratively Close Cases
- MPP and Turnback Policies
- Third-Country Transit Bar to Asylum
- End of Certain Categorical Parole Programs
- Matter of A-B- Standard for Particular Social Group
- Bond under Matter of M-S-
- Matter of L-E-A- Standard Regarding Families and Nexus
- Interpretation of Pereira v. Sessions in various BIA Decisions
- Unaccompanied Children Status under Matter of M-A-C-O-
- Matter of Acosta and the Definition of a Final Conviction
- Matter of L-A-B-R- Standard for the Grant of Continuances
- IJ’s Authority to Terminate Proceedings under Matter of S-O-G & F-D-B-
- Changing Guidance on Prosecutorial Discretion and the Secure Communities Program
- NTA Issuance Changes
- Changes in Rules for Expedited Removal
- TPS Terminations for Sudan, Honduras, Nicaragua, and El Salvador
- Redefined Rules Regarding Special Immigrant Juveniles
- Changing Standards Regarding the Issuance of NOIDs and RFEs
- Buy American, Hire American Executive Order
- NIV Interview Requirements
- EB-5 Program Changes
- Other USCIS Policy Manual Updates Through June 2020
Get the latest edition of Kurzban's Immigration Law Sourcebook and base your case strategies and decisions on immigration attorneys' and immigration judges' most reliable resource!