Regional Bans and National Interest Exceptions: Liaison, Litigation, and Best Practices for Dealing with Consulates and CBP
July 8, 2021
2:00 PM (ET)
Regional bans on entry and the ever-shifting complexities involved with qualifying for and obtaining a National Interest Exception (NIE) continue to wreak havoc on immigration practitioners. In this late-breaking seminar, our panel of experts will discuss the current state-of-play regarding NIEs with the U.S. Department of State (DOS) and U.S. Customs and Border Protection (CBP). They also will provide the latest information on what AILA is doing, both on the front lines and behind the scenes, to end the regional bans and halt DOS’ “no visa” policy. By attending this seminar, practitioners will become well-equipped to weather the short-term NIE storm and prepare for smoother waters ahead.
- What Can We Expect from Litigation Against the Regional Bans and No-Visa/NIE Policy?
- What Can We Expect from AILA’s Liaison Efforts with DOS?
- What Is the Best Way to Secure an NIE with DOS and CBP?
- How Uniformly Are NIE Criteria Applied Within and Between the Two Agencies?
- Circumventing the Bans by Traveling to a Third Country for 14 Days
- Are Some Consulates More Open Than Others?
Alexis S. Axelrad, CBP Liaison Committee Chair, New York, NY
Sandra Reguerin, DOS Liaison Committee Chair, Phoenix, AZ
Ramon Curiel, CBP Liaison Committee Vice Chair, San Antonio, TX
Jesse Bless, AILA Director of Federal Litigation, Boston, MA
By registering for this seminar you agree to abide by the AILA Virtual Code of Conduct.
|AILA Member/International Associates||$99|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$199|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$99|
|AILA Law Student Members||$99|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
The Regional Bans and National Interest Exceptions: Liaison, Litigation, and Best Practices for Dealing with Consulates and CBP web seminar takes place Tuesday, July 8, 2021, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm–3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm–2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm–1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am–12:30 pm pacific time
Tuition AssistanceFull and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
No refunds will be given after the seminar has started.