Ask BIRT: AILA's Business Immigration Response Team Addresses Members' Most Pressing Questions
May 12, 2021
1:00 PM (ET)
AILA University Video Roundtables are free learning opportunities for AILA members provided via a weekly schedule of live video programming for members to come together from across the country and world to discuss hot topics and network with colleagues in the field. Video Roundtables are part of AILA University programming and each session is hosted by faculty selected for their expertise.
Members of AILA's Business Immigration Response Team (BIRT) will address AILA members' most pressing business immigration questions.
Here are some sample questions for this upcoming roundtable:
- What’s the current state of play at U.S. embassies? (e.g., visa issuance/travel bans, etc.)
- Updates on processing delays for filing receipts, biometrics and interim benefits: Are the lawsuits helping?
- PERM recruitment during COVID: Any special considerations for working from home, handling/screening applicants?
- Updates on H-1B cap filings, lottery outcome and predictions for the second lottery
- OPT and H-4 EADs: Are we seeing progress or changes?
- Insights on Visa Bulletin movement/retrogression over the next several months
Matt Hirsch, PA (Moderator)
Amanda Brill, UK
Ellen Freeman, PA
Maria Ramos, FL
Barry Walker, MS
The BIRT Committee invites you to submit your question or hypothetical in advance for review and discussion by the Ask BIRT panel. (No case-specific submissions / no identifying information about clients, please). If your question or hypothetical is selected for discussion on the upcoming program, you will be notified prior to the program by Turid Owren, BIRT Committee member.
How: Submit your question/hypothetical to: AskBIRT@tonkon.com with subject line "ASK BIRT" and include the following:
- Attorney name
- AILA member #
- Attorney contact info (phone and email)