May 11, 2021
2:00 PM (ET)
Your client company lays off workers—now what? Given the record unemployment in the United States, companies are experiencing layoffs of both H-1B and U.S. workers. In this advanced seminar, our expert faculty will provide practical suggestions and tips about addressing both nonimmigrant issues and PERM filing issues.
- U.S. Worker Layoffs: How Do They Affect Employment-Based Processes?
- Effect on H-1B Workers
- Employer Obligations
- Effect on Other Nonimmigrant Visa Holders, Grace Periods, etc.
- L-1s, F-1 (CPT, OPT, and STEM OPT Holders)
Elizabeth Goss (DL), Boston, MA
*Matthew Dillinger, Richardson, TX
*Donald Sheppard, San Diego, CA
*Tiffany Hill, San Francisco, CA
By registering for this seminar you agree to abide by the AILA Virtual Code of Conduct.
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
The Corporate Layoffs web seminar takes place Tuesday, May 11, 2021, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm–3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm–2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm–1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am–12:30 pm pacific time
Tuition AssistanceFull and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, OR, TN and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida and Rhode Island - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of seminars in FL and RI. Programs are typically approved.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record seminar attendance and the CLE code provided within one week of the seminar date via webCLE.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about the webCLE terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.
No refunds will be given after the seminar has started.