Global Migration Section Call (February 2021)
February 24, 2021
10:00 AM (ET)
Freelance Visas: Changes in Scenery & Contingency Plans
Join us for the next GMS teleconference on February 24, 2021 at 10:00 a.m. (ET).
It's been a long winter and many individuals are seeking to escape the colder weather. Further, as a result of the increase in the ability to work remotely, many freelancers and entrepreneurs are now seeking to adopt a ‘Digital Nomad’ lifestyle to travel the world while working remotely, and/or find themselves unable to return to their home country due to the ongoing pandemic. Our teleconference panel will explore this growing trend and contingency plan for individuals, as well as the immigration options available. In particular, we will discuss:
- Options for freelancers/self-employed individuals.
- Options for business owners/entrepreneurs.
- Options for passive income/retirement scenarios.
- Navigating quarantine requirements with short term visa options.
- Pathways to long-term residency.
The section will discuss the above topics and provide updates before fielding questions from participants. Developed for AILA Global Migration Section members, this call is open to all AILA members.
- Tieranny Cutler (Moderator), Bath, NC
- Jean-Philippe Chetcuti, Malta
- Philippe Tremblay, Canada
- Tomislav Pedišić, Croatia
|AILA International Associate||$0|