Preparing for H-1B CAP Season 2021
January 26, 2021
2:00 PM (ET)
Now that we have seen the automated H-1B lottery system in action for one year, what have we learned? What should be done differently this year with more time to prepare? Panelists will discuss pros and cons of the new system and address general issues of filing CAP cases in 2021 based on the current landscape for H-1Bs.
- Lessons Learned from the First Year Using the New System
- Planning and Tips for H-1B Filings Using the Automated System
- Current Trends in H-1Bs and How They Affect CAP Filings
- Internal Processes and Billing for the New Lottery System
Tejas N. Shah (DL), Chicago, IL
Tejas Shah is a partner at Barnes and Thornburg and practices in Chicago, IL. He is past chair of the AILA Chicago New Members Division and currently serves on the AILA National Military Assistance Program (“MAP”). Mr. Shah received his J.D. from George Washington National Law School and his undergraduate degree from Duke University. His practice focuses on all aspects of business and family immigration as well as federal litigation.
Cyrus Mehta, New York, NY
Cyrus Mehta is the founder and managing partner of Cyrus D Mehta & Partners, PLLC with over 25 years of experience in immigration law. He is also an adjunct professor of law at Brooklyn Law School. He is the 2018 recipient of AILA’s Edith Lowenstein award for advancing the practice of immigration law.
Youngwook (Christian) Park, Reston, VA
Youngwook (Christian) Park is an attorney with Goel & Anderson, LLC. He currently serves as a member of AILA’s DOL Liaison Committee and has long been a moderator on the AILA InfoNet Message Center. Mr. Park received his J.D. from the Fordham University School of Law (2010).
By registering for this seminar you agree to abide by the AILA Virtual Code of Conduct.
|AILA Member/International Associates||$129|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$129|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$129|
|AILA Law Student Members||$129|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
The Preparing for H-1B CAP Season 2021 web seminar takes place Tuesday, January 26, 2021, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm–3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm–2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm–1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am–12:30 pm pacific time
Tuition AssistanceFull and partial tuition assistance will be offered to participants based on need and availability for all audio and web seminars. Please complete the tuition assistance application for consideration.
Eligible participants can receive up to 1.5 CLE credit hours. AILA has filed for CLE credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, please contact us at email@example.com.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: AR, DE, IA, ID, KS, KY, LA, ME, MN, MS, OR, TN and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Florida and Rhode Island - Attorneys must apply on their own for approval of seminars in FL and RI. Programs are typically approved.
webCLE Terms and Conditions
Please read the webCLE terms and conditions carefully before using this webCLE website. If you do not wish to be bound by these terms and conditions, please do not access or use this site.
If you have any questions about the webCLE terms and conditions or webCLE, please contact: CLE@aila.org.