The New Adjustment of Status Form I-485
September 26, 2017
02:00 PM (ET)
|Format||Live Audio Seminar|
Beginning August 25, 2017, USCIS will only accept the latest version of Form I-485, Application for Adjustment of Status (6/26/17 edition). At 18 pages, this new form is significantly different from the six-page form practitioners have known and used for years. Join AILA’s panel of experts as they break down the new Form I-485 and offer tactics and strategies for solving some of the thornier problems regarding admissibility.
- Overview of Form Changes, Expansion of Eligibility and Admissibility Questions
- Criminal Acts and Violations: “Controlled Substances” and Other Issues
- Illegal Entries and Other Immigration Violations: What About Materiality?
- Issues that Go Beyond the Scope of the Grounds of Inadmissibility
- Documentary Requirements
- Should Fee Structures and/or Office Procedures Be Changed Given the Length and Complexity of the New Form?
- Heather L. Poole (DL), AILA Board of Governors, Los Angeles, CA
- Maurice H. Goldman, Tucson, AZ
- Arturo R. Rios, St. Petersburg, FL
|Special Pricing for Members: $59|
|AILA Member/International Associates||$59|
|AILA Members’ Paralegals||$59|
|AILA Nonprofit Members||$59|
|AILA Law Student Members||$59|
|Nonmember Law Students||$199|
If you register online, do not also mail in a registration form.
The "The New Adjustment of Status Form I-485" audio seminar takes place Tuesday, September 26, 2017, at the times noted below:
- 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time
- 1:00 pm-2:30 pm central time
- 12:00 pm-1:30 pm mountain time
- 11:00 am-12:30 pm pacific time