When a Lawyer Leaves a Law Firm: Ethical & Practical Issues-Downloadable Recording
When a Lawyer Leaves a Law Firm: Ethical and Practical Issues for All
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented live on January 13, 2011.
When a lawyer leaves a law firm it impacts the lawyer, the firm, and the clients in a myriad of ways. Navigating the ethical and practical minefield can be harrowing for all involved. Our panel of experts has “been there, done that” and are here to share their experiences and success tips from all points of view. Whether you are thinking of leaving or have to deal with a lawyer leaving your firm, you’ll want to attend this program!
- How to Prepare for Departures—What Is Ethical?
- Duties of the Employer and Employee
- Timing Issues—Giving Notice to Clients
- Who Notifies Clients, the Type of Notice Required and What Can Be Said
- Handling Representation in the Interim
- Property Issues—Fees, Files, and Trust Accounts
- How To Handle Client Funds In Transfers
- Who Owns the Original Client File
- Tips for Smooth Departures—Expecting the Best/Preparing for the Worst
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review When a Lawyer Leaves a Law Firm: Ethical & Practical Issues-Downloadable Recording!