AILA's Asylum Primer, 7th Ed.
Only 6 left in stock - order soon.
|Release Date||August 2015|
The Asylum Primer is the all-in-one reference that is
- a comprehensive, procedural "walk-through" of the entire U.S. asylum process from an asylum-seeker's entry into the country through his or her acquisition of U.S. citizenship
- a manual of strategies and practical guidance for creative and zealous advocacy
- a guide to sources of U.S. asylum law and historical development
The 7th edition provides expert analysis and advice on crucial areas, such as
- new credible fear standards
- gang- and gender-based asylum claims
- procedures for unaccompanied children
- burdens of proof, standards of proof, and evidentiary burdens on asylum-seekers
- legal standards for demonstrating eligibility for asylum, protection under the Convention Against Torture, related forms for relief, and more
- border apprehensions and seeking relief while subject to expedited or reinstatement of removal
- family detention and bond practice
- seeking immigration and public benefits for those granted relief
- eligibility requirements for adjustment of status as an asylee or refugee seeking §209(c) waivers of inadmissibility
- termination of relief and strategies for fighting termination
- filing cases before USCIS and the immigration courts
- administrative or judicial review of denials of relief
AILA's Asylum Primer can help you tackle basic, as well as complex, asylum issues, from the minute you receive the case until the time the file is closed.
Class AdoptionAILA's Asylum Primer is an excellent teaching tool for law schools and asylum law clinics. Contact us at email@example.com for information on discounts for class-adopted texts.
Ethical & Practical Issues with Representing Children in Removal Proceedings AC14-Downloadable Recording
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review AILA's Asylum Primer, 7th Ed.!