What to Do When Your Client Gets Arrested for a Criminal Matter-Downloadable Recording
What to Do When Your Client Gets Arrested for a Criminal MatterThis 90 minute audio seminar was recorded live on May 8, 2014, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
Your client has just been arrested and you get a frantic call from a family member. What can an attorney do, by acting quickly, to help secure the release of the individual? Should you advise the family to pay the state bail quickly to try for a release before an ICE detainer? What considerations should be made in dealing with a detention issue? Learn the practical skills of how to get that client out of custody.
- The Immigration Detainer and What It Means to Your Client
- "To Pay or Not to Pay" That State Bail When a Detainer Is Lodged: Controlling the Entry of Your Client Into ICE Custody
- 48 Hours --When Does the Clock Start and What Do You Do When Your Client Is STILL Not Released and ICE Hasn't Taken Custody?
- G-28 Issues and Contacting ICE About Your Client
- Discovering and Analyzing the State Charges and Possible Immigration Relief
- The Immigration Bond Process
CLE InformationAILA will administer CLE credit to individuals who download this recording through Agora only; the invoice is used as a form of CLE verification.
Please note that your jurisdiction may limit the amount of distance learning credit you can earn. To view details on your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements, please visit the CLE Center. Your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemand Downloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
AILA has filed for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE requirements. For details about specific approvals, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The OnDemand Recording format does not qualify for CLE credit in the following jurisdictions: AR, IA, KS, MN, and TN. In addition, although the Downloadable format may be approved, the CD format is not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: IN, MS, SC, and VA.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, RI, VA, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, ND, and UT.
To receive CLE credit, attorneys must record sessions attended and the CLE codes provided via webCLE. Please view the webCLE instruction sheet for details.
|This product contains digital goods. All digital goods (MP3, PDF, ZIP. Etc.) are available for downloading from your digital library for two years from the date of purchase.|
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review What to Do When Your Client Gets Arrested for a Criminal Matter-Downloadable Recording!