The Current State of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel Claims-Downloadable Recording
The Current State of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel ClaimsThis 90 minute web seminar was recorded live on February 4, 2014, from 2:00 pm-3:30 pm eastern time.
A potential client comes to you and says his old attorney screwed up and he wants you to fix his case. How do you assess the validity of his claims? What mistakes constitute ineffective assistance of counsel (IAC)? If IAC is established, how do you fix it? This seminar discusses the current state of IAC claims.
- No Sixth Amendment Right to Counsel in Immigration Proceedings
- IAC Claims in light of Lozada & Compean - What Is Expected of the Accused Lawyer?
- What Conduct Constitutes IAC?
- Applicable Model Rules of Professional Conduct (MRPC)
- What Is Expected of the New Lawyer?
- Effects of IAC Claims on Liability Insurance
CLE CreditAILA will file for CLE and specialized credit in all jurisdictions with mandatory CLE and specialized requirements. More details about specific approvals will be available here closer to the seminar date.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review The Current State of Ineffective Assistance of Counsel Claims-Downloadable Recording!