Welcome to the American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA) and thank you for considering AILA membership. AILA is the national association of immigration lawyers established to promote justice, advocate for fair and reasonable immigration law and policy, advance the quality of immigration and nationality law and practice, and enhance the professional development of its members.
For more information on AILA membership, please visit our Join AILA page. On this page you will find information on the different categories of membership we offer below.
Please contact email@example.com with any questions you may have.
If You Are A Private Practice Lawyer or a Full-Time Law Professor...
You are eligible for membership if:
- You are a U.S.-licensed attorney that is a member in good standing of a State Bar and in private practice
- You are a state, county, municipal and other local government employees who are not affiliated with the Department of Labor, Employment Service or a like body
- You are employed as a Federal Public Defender
- You are a U.S. licensed attorney that resides and work outside of the United States
- You are not eligible for membership if:
- You are employed by the U.S. Federal government, the Dept. of Labor, Employment Service or like body
- You are a foreign legal consultant
If You Are A...
- Law Student
- Please download both the AILA Membership Application and the Nonprofit Attorney Request Form.
- Email the application with a letter from your nonprofit organization employer confirming you meet our employer and salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org
Non-U.S. Licensed Lawyer Based Abroad
- Attorneys licensed in the country where they reside and practice may apply for International Associate status by downloading the International Associate application
- Email the application with a certificate of good standing from the licensing body of the country where they reside and practice to email@example.com