Is K-1 the Way to Go?-CD
Is K-1 the Way To Go?
This 60 minute session was recorded at the AILA Annual Conference in June 2012. This product includes an audio recording on CD and a PDF file of powerpoint presentation slides and/or articles needed for CLE Credit.
This panel will discuss how to counsel the client who is contemplating whether to apply for a fiancé(e)visa, or get married and pursue other options. Panelists will also address problems that can impact the K-1 holder when things don't go according to plan.
- Benefits of the K-1 vs. Other Options
- Burden of Proof in K-1 Visas & Putting Together a Solid Evidentiary Packet
- K-1 Fiancé(e) Enters the United States—Now What?
- When Happily Ever After Doesn't Happen—Break-up of K-1 Relationship or Death of U.S. Fiancé(e) Before Marriage
- Break-up After Marriage, Before Adjustment of Status
- Update on K-2 Beneficiaries Who Age Out
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this OnDemand session. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information. Instructions for reporting your credits and obtaining certificates will be included in your written materials.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AL, AR, IA, MN, RI, and TN.
Not eligible for CLE credit in CD format in the following states: IN, MS, and SC. Credit is available for the Download format.
Attention Idaho, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico attorneys. Attorneys must apply individually for approval of recorded programs. Credits are typically approved.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Is K-1 the Way to Go?-CD!