Crimes for Business Immigration Lawyers-Downloadable
Crimes for Business Immigration Lawyers
This 60 minute session was recorded at the AILA Annual Conference in June 2012. This product includes an audio recording in MP3 format and a PDF file of powerpoint presentation slides and/or articles needed for CLE Credit.
This panel will discuss a wide variety of crimes in detail and explain how to analyze each crime in the context of adjustment of status, citizenship, and removal. The panel will explain why analysis of each crime is important to your business client and how to work with clients to determine the best course of action for their future. Panelists will also give practical tips on how to read a rap sheet and begin the analysis.
- Which Crimes Render an Adjustment Applicant Inadmissible and/or Removable?
- Should You File for Adjustment of Status?
- What Is an Aggravated Felony? What Are Crimes Involving Moral Turpitude?
- Crimes in the Gray Area—How to Analyze
- When to File for Citizenship and When Not to for the Person with Criminal Convictions
- How to Read a Rap Sheet, Police Reports, and Court Records
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this OnDemand session. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information. Instructions for reporting your credits and obtaining certificates will be included in your written materials.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AL, AR, IA, MN, RI, and TN.
Attention Idaho, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico attorneys. Attorneys must apply individually for approval of recorded programs. Credits are typically approved.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Crimes for Business Immigration Lawyers-Downloadable!