Arrests, Bonds and Detentions-CD
"I Fight Authority, Authority Always Wins!": Arrests, Bonds and Detentions
This 60 minute session was recorded at the AILA Annual Conference in June 2012. This product includes an audio recording on CD and a PDF file of powerpoint presentation slides and/or articles needed for CLE Credit.
U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) just picked up your client. Now what? This panel will prepare practitioners to assist a client from the ICE arrest through the initial bond hearing.
- Locating Your Client After the Arrest; What Is a Detainer and How Does It Work? Introduction to Local Law Enforcement Cooperation with ICE
- Determining If Your Client Is Eligible for Bond; How Is the Bond Posted?
- What Is a Joseph Hearing? What Is a Bond Redetermination Hearing?
- What Is Mandatory Detention and Is the Client Subject to It?
- Alternatives to Detention/Prosecutorial Discretion—Parole, Supervised Release, Release on Recognizance, Ankle Bracelets, Etc.
CLE InformationCLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this OnDemand session.* Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information. Instructions for reporting your credits and obtaining certificates will be included in your written materials.
*In order to obtain CLE credit, purchasers of this session must already own or purchase the Forms & Fundamentals 2012-13 Ed., which contains the written materials for all fundamentals sessions of the 2012 Annual Conference.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AL, AR, IA, MN, RI, and TN.
Not eligible for CLE credit in CD format in the following states: IN, MS, and SC. Credit is available for the Download format.
Attention Idaho, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico attorneys. Attorneys must apply individually for approval of recorded programs. Credits are typically approved.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Arrests, Bonds and Detentions-CD!