Challenges for Traveling Nonimmigrants-Downloadable
"Travelin' Man": Challenges for the Traveling Nonimmigrants Traveling Outside the Continental U.S.
This 60 minute session was recorded at the AILA Annual Conference in June 2012. This product includes an audio recording in MP3 format and a PDF file of powerpoint presentation slides and/or articles needed for CLE Credit.
That trip home for the holidays your client was planning may have started out as a way to defuse stress, but without careful planning and an understanding of the rules, it could turn into an immigration nightmare. This panel will examine some of the most serious problems that can result when clients travel without proper planning. Topics will include:
- What Is the Status of the "Last Action" Rule?
- What Are the Contiguous Territories and Can Your Client Travel There Without a Current Visa?
- Traveling on Advance Parole vs. H-1B/L-1 and the Consequences to the Principal and Their Derivatives
- Best Strategies to Handle Visa Delays and Consular/CBP Readjudications
- Traveling During Cap-Gap Periods
- Automatic Visa Revalidation
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this OnDemand session. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information. Instructions for reporting your credits and obtaining certificates will be included in your written materials.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AL, AR, IA, MN, RI, and TN.
Attention Idaho, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico attorneys. Attorneys must apply individually for approval of recorded programs. Credits are typically approved.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Challenges for Traveling Nonimmigrants-Downloadable!