Representing Children in Immigration Cases-CD
Representing Children in Immigration Cases
This 60 minute session was recorded at the AILA Annual Conference in June 2012. This product includes an audio recording on CD and a PDF file of powerpoint presentation slides and/or articles needed for CLE Credit.
This intermediate-level panel will discuss the unique ethical and practical issues that arise in the representation of children in immigration proceedings, and will discuss some legal options for children without status in the United States.
- Ethical and Practical Issues Arising in the Representation of Children—Rules for Attorneys & Adjudicators
- Special Immigrant Juveniles
- Asylum Claims for Children
- Imputing a Parent's Residence to a Child for the Purpose of Cancellation of Removal and Temporary Protected Status
- Waiving or Avoiding Inadmissibility
- INA §301(f)—The Foundling Statute
CLE credit is available in most jurisdictions for this OnDemand session. Please visit the webCLE AC OnDemand Module for specific details on your jurisdiction and for specialized credit information. Instructions for reporting your credits and obtaining certificates will be included in your written materials.
Not eligible for CLE credit in the following states: AL, AR, IA, MN, RI, and TN.
Not eligible for CLE credit in CD format in the following states: IN, MS, and SC. Credit is available for the Download format.
Attention Idaho, North Dakota, and Puerto Rico attorneys. Attorneys must apply individually for approval of recorded programs. Credits are typically approved.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Representing Children in Immigration Cases-CD!