“Lock ‘Em Up”: Detainers, Secure Communities, and Federal Class Actions-Downloadable
"Lock 'Em Up": Detainers, Secure Communities, and Federal Class Actions [Web Seminar]
This 90-minute web seminar was recorded on September 20, 2012
ICE has stated that its top removal priorities are criminal 'aliens,' those posing a threat to the public safety, and repeat immigration violators. The Secure Communities program has been promoted by the agency as a "simple and common sense way to carry out ICE's priorities" through collaboration with local and state law enforcement. However, there has been some outcry and federal court action in relation to this program. Listen to those who have gained a unique perspective through their involvement in recent federal litigation.
- What is Secure Communities?
- Detainers and Their Use with Secure Communities
- What's the Problem?
- Federal Litigation: Heartland Alliance and Yale Law School
CLE InformationPlease note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemandDownloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please visit webCLE.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, TN, and VA.
For more information about CLE credit, please email email@example.com.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review “Lock ‘Em Up”: Detainers, Secure Communities, and Federal Class Actions-Downloadable!