The Discord Between Assisted Reproduction Technology and Immigration-Downloadable
The Discord Between Assisted Reproduction Technology and Immigration [Audio Seminar]
This 90-minute web seminar was originally recorded on August 16, 2012
The Immigration and Nationality Act was written at a time when it was inconceivable that a woman could give birth to an embryo that wasn't her own. When egg and sperm donors and surrogates are used to create children for international parents here and U.S. parents abroad, surprising results can happen with respect to citizenship and nationality. This panel will explore the issues involved in cross border fertilization and the challenges of "bringing baby home" where the intended parents reside in another country.
- What Exactly Is "Assisted Reproduction Technology" (ART) and How Does It Cross with Immigration?
- Challenges for Foreign Nationals Traveling to the United States for ART and Giving Birth
- Child of a U.S. Citizen: When Is U.S. Citizenship Automatic and When Is It Not?
- Issues in Obtaining a Consular Report of Birth Abroad for Foreign Born Children
- Passport Issues for Children Born Abroad and in the United States
- Adoption Issues and Other Solutions to Complex ART Cases
CLE InformationPlease note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please view the OnDemandDownloadable and CD-Rom Expiration Chart for more details.
To view CLE eligibility and the number of credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please visit webCLE.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE, KY, RI, and WY. Programs are typically approved.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AR, IA, KS, MN, MO, TN, and VA.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review The Discord Between Assisted Reproduction Technology and Immigration-Downloadable!