Counseling Married/Almost Married USC - K-1 and K-3 Visas-Downloadable
Counseling the Married and Almost Married U.S. Citizen—The K-1 and K-3 Visas
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented April 13, 2010.
This seminar will focus on counseling U.S. citizens who are contemplating marrying a foreign national residing abroad. Differences between the K-1 and K-3 nonimmigrant visa will be reviewed, and the panel will discuss issue-spotting and various strategies to employ when deciding which process to follow.
- K-1 vs. K-3-An Overview of Eligibility Criteria and Procedures
- Service Center and Processing Trends for K-1/K-3 Petitions
- The Effect of an Approved I-130 on the K-3 Visa Process
- K-1/K-3 vs. Immigrant Visa Processing-Strategies and Considerations for Choosing How to Proceed (Process, Processing Times, etc.)
- Advising the Client Who Wishes to Utilize a Nonimmigrant Visa/Visa Waiver When Marriage Is Contemplated
- Affidavit of Support Issues-Differences Between the I-864 and the I-134
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Counseling Married/Almost Married USC - K-1 and K-3 Visas-Downloadable!