Pros & Cons of Electronic I-9 System-Downloadable Recording
The Pros and Cons of Using Electronic I-9 Systems
This 90 minute audio seminar was originally presented May 25, 2010.
Companies that are considering transitioning to electronic I-9s should be aware that there are significant issues related to legal liability, security, functionality and cost. This seminar will discuss the interim final regulatory requirements in 8 CFR §274a.2(e) that set forth performance standards that must be met when electronically scanning paper I-9s as well as electronically generating and storing I-9s. You will receive cutting-edge information and answers to the following critical questions and concerns:
- What Are the Advantages for Both an Employer and ICE Forensic Auditors to Electronic I-9s Over Paper I-9s?
- What Are the Fundamental Requirements that Must Be Met in Any Electronic Storage System?
- How Can You Choose an Electronic I-9 Storage System that Ensures the "Integrity, Accuracy and Reliability" of the I-9s?
- What Is the Importance of Creating an "Audit Trail" in an Electronic I-9?
- Can Paper I-9s Be Migrated to Electronic I-9s?
- What Is the Role of the Attorney in Electronic I-9 Generation and Compliance Auditing?
- How Do Electronic I-9 Vendors Interface with E-Verify?
- How Do ICE I-9 Inspections of Electronic I-9s Differ from Paper I-9s?
- What Are the Consequences of Implementing an Electronic System that Is Not Compliant with the Interim Regulations?
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Pros & Cons of Electronic I-9 System-Downloadable Recording!