Avoiding 2x Whammy of Expedited Rem. & Reinstate of Prior Orders-Downloadable Recording
Avoiding the Double Whammy of Expedited Removal and Reinstatement of Prior Orders
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented August 12, 2010.
Expedited removal has become part of the daily procedure for unsuspecting noncitizens at ports of entry. In addition, many people who have been previously ordered removed are subject to reinstatement of the prior order despite close family and community ties to the U.S. Learn how to evaluate whether a noncitizen may be subject to reinstatement of removal and identify strategies for those who may not have a prior order but who may face the possibility of expedited removal.
- Overview and Statutory Authority for Expedited Removal and Reinstatement
- Determining Whether a Prior Order Exists-Client Interview, FOIA, FBI Records Requests
- Expedited Removal Orders-Credible Fear vs. Reasonable Fear
- Contesting/Curing the Expedited Removal Order-Waiver for Lack of Visa, Parole, Working with the Port Director, Traveler Redress
- Contesting Reinstatement of a Prior Order, Judicial Review
- Retroactive Application of INA §241(a)(5)-Fernandez-Vargas and Circuit Split
- I-212 Waivers in Adjustment of Status and Consular Processing
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Avoiding 2x Whammy of Expedited Rem. & Reinstate of Prior Orders-Downloadable Recording!