Immigration 101: Key Concepts and Terms-Downloadable
This fundamentals of immigration law primer will provide an overview of DHS and the agencies involved in the practice of immigration. The panel will also provide some of the general concepts, terms, language and rules that are key to any immigration practitioner and unique to the practice. The panel will explain basic concepts and terminology of the immigration law practice using a hypothetical that weaves together the various concepts.
- Who Are USCIS, ICE, CBP, EOIR, DOL?
- Immigrant vs. Nonimmigrant
- Visa vs. Status
- Visa Waiver or Visa Exempt
- Maintaining, Exchanging and Extending Status
- Consular Processing, Adjustment of Status, Change of Status
- Overstaying and Other Violations of Status
- Unlawful Presence and the 3- and 10- year Bars
- Waivers of Inadmissibility
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Immigration 101: Key Concepts and Terms-Downloadable!