Marriage-Based Adjustments-A How To Guide-Downloadable Recording
Marriage-Based Adjustments—A How To Guide
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented April 12, 2011.
Attorneys make many decisions on marriage-based adjustment cases starting with the decision to take or decline the case all the way through the USCIS interview. In this seminar panelists will discuss the fundamentals for representing husband and wife in the adjustment process including how to prepare for an interview at a local district office. The panel will offer many suggestions on how to manage marriage-based cases including the following:
- The Initial Client Interview—What to Ask the Couple and Things to Look for In Deciding Whether to Take the Case or Decline Representation
- What Forms Do You Need to Complete and What Forms Should You Advise Against—Is the Beneficiary Eligible for Advance Parole or Are There Issues That Warrant Against Filing the Application?
- How Long Will It Take to Get Employment Authorization and What Should the Couple Do In the Meantime to Prepare for Their Interview?
- How To Prepare Clients for the USCIS Interview—Things To Ask and Things To Bring To the Interview
- What Happens In the Interview—Dealing with USCIS Officers and Responding to Questions—When Should the Attorney Speak Up?
- What Happens When It Is All Over—Responding to RFE’s, Closing Letter to Client and Advice on Future Immigration Requirements for the Couple
CA, CO, GA, HI*, IL*, IN, ME, MS, MO, MT, NV*, NJ, NM, NY, OK, OR, PA, SC, VT, WA, and WV. To view the number of CLE credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please use our CLE Calculator.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL*, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE*, LA, NC, and WY
Not Eligible for CLE: AL, AR, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, NE, NH, OH, RI, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
*Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. OnDemand downloadable and CD-Rom expiration details are available. Please visit the CLE Center to view your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Marriage-Based Adjustments-A How To Guide-Downloadable Recording!