The Material Support and Persecutor of Others Bars-Downloadable
The Material Support and Persecutor of Others Bars
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented live on August 16, 2011.
In the years since the REAL ID Act came into effect, the Department of Homeland Security has interpreted the material support to a terrorist organization and persecutor of others bars increasingly broadly. Cases languish for years at the Service Centers and asylum applicants find themselves defending their association with organizations long since dissolved or barred for having succumbed to extortion threats. This panel will discuss the current state of the law and offer practical tips for navigating the administrative process.
- Material Support Tiers I, II & III—How Terrorist Organizations Are Designated
- How “Material” Is Material?—The De Minimis Exception
- Extortion and War Taxes—the Duress Exception
- Persecutor of Others; Common Fact Patterns and Pitfalls
- Tips for Avoiding a Material Support or Persecutor of Others Designation
- It Is Not Over Until It Is Over—Adjustment Delays and Revocation Proceedings
- Strategies for Revocation Interviews & Holding USCIS to Its Burden
CA, CO, GA, HI*, IL*, IN, ME, MS, MO, MT, NV*, NJ, NM, NY, OK, OR, PA, SC, VT, WA, and WV. To view the number of CLE credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please use our CLE Calculator.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL*, ID, ND, PR, and UT.
- AILA applies for accreditation upon attorneys request after participation for the following states: DE*, LA, NC, and WY
Not Eligible for CLE: AL, AR, IA, KS, KY, MN, MO, NE, NH, OH, RI, TN, TX, VA, and WI.
*Please note that your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. OnDemand downloadable and CD-Rom expiration details are available. Please visit the CLE Center to view your jurisdiction's credit restrictions and CLE requirements.
For more information about CLE credit, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review The Material Support and Persecutor of Others Bars-Downloadable!