Immigration Judge Benchbook
The Executive Office for Immigration Review's Immigration Judge Benchbook is the guide judges use when making decisions in immigration court. The guide is divided into five sections.
- "Scripts" provides immigration judges an outline to follow during the initial hearing, and a checklist of things to cover at the master calendar hearing.
- "Checklists, Worksheets & Forms" includes advisals, worksheets, and related guidance to assist immigration judges in bond hearings, removal hearings, and other immigration court proceedings.
- "Introductory Guides" contain in-depth primers for immigration judges on matters related to conducting various types of proceedings. These matters include bond and custody hearings, evidence, mental health issues, etc.
- "Sample Orders" provides immigration judges with examples of orders regarding abandonment for failure to file, bond withdrawals, fee waivers, and termination for reinstatement.
- "Templates" offers immigration judges frameworks upon which to construct decisions. Templates provided are either law-specific (addressing a particular area of immigration law) or generic (for instances where no law-specific template applies). Also included is a guide on how to use templates.
The material in this print edition of the Immigration Judge Benchbook, current as of May 2010, was taken as posted on the EOIR website, save for the pagination, headers, and tables of content added by AILA.
Click below to preview this publication’s content.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Immigration Judge Benchbook!