New Perspective on BALCA-PERM Denials-CD
A New Perspective on BALCA-PERM Denials and Beyond
This 90 minute audio seminar was originally presented May 20, 2010.
While the Board of Alien Labor Certification Appeals (BALCA) continues to issue decisions on the same issues we have seen in the past, some recent decisions are causing lawyers to re-think how they document recruitment, approach alternate requirements, and whether a client might win on review. This seminar will review the key BALCA decisions and discuss steps to follow when filing a request for review or reconsideration.
- Reviewing Key BALCA Decisions Pre- and Post-PERM-An Overview of the Major Decisions
- To Review or Not to Review-Determining Whether to File a Request for Review/Reconsideration
- Preparing the Case and Important Documents in a Request for Review
- The Government's Burden-Arbitrary Denials, Imprecise Audits, and BALCA's Power to Remand
- Issues of Law vs. Issues of Fact-Is DOL Substituting its Judgment for the Employer's Decision to Disqualify Applicants?
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review New Perspective on BALCA-PERM Denials-CD!