Workers' Rights in the Employment Verification & Audit Process-CD
Workers’ Rights in the Employment Verification and Audit Process
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented October 5, 2010.
This seminar will examine the individual rights of the employee during the I-9 document verification and audit processes. The speakers will discuss the special implications and rules that apply when the employer uses E-Verify, and will outline methods for protecting the employee’s rights when the employer may be in violation of the rules or engaging in discriminatory practices.
- Workers’ Rights in the I-9 Verification Process
- Timing, Selection and Presentation of Documents
- Special E-Verify Rules and Issue: Social Security Numbers, Tentative Nonconfirmations, Referral Notices, and More
- Document Abuse, Discrimination Claims, and the Role of OSC
- The Role of the Union Representative
- Right to Remain Silent?
- Right to Counsel?
- Identifying Discriminatory Patterns
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Workers' Rights in the Employment Verification & Audit Process-CD!