Be On the Lookout: Pitfalls of Immigration Benefits Applications-CD
Be on the Lookout: Pitfalls in Immigration Benefits Applications
This web seminar was originally presented October 12, 2010.
Backgrounds checks, beyond the biometrics, are being conducted by USCIS officers, with results that may often surprise attorneys and noncitizens alike. This session will identify key issues that attorneys should consider when discussing possible applications for immigration benefits with potential clients.
- False Claims to U.S. Citizenship on/after 9/30/96: Do I-9 Forms, Driver's Licenses, Mortgage Applications, Accidental Motor Voter Registrations, School Applications, and Professional License Applications Count?
- Reviewing and Advising Regarding Tax Returns: Who are Those People, How Are They Related to You, and Who Told You to Claim Them?
- Properties Owned by Relatives with the Same Name as Applicants for Benefits (Good Faith Marriage, Mortgage Issues)
- Bank Accounts and Credit Cards by Noncitizens Without Status
- Admission to Identity Theft as a Crime Involving Moral Turpitude
- "Googling" Petitioners and Beneficiaries
- Private Investigation Services
- Adam Walsh Act and Petitioners
*Please note, your jurisdiction may limit OnDemand credit depending on the date of the original presentation. Please visit the CLE Center to view details on your jurisdiction’s credit restrictions and CLE requirements.
- Approved: AK, CA, CO, GA, HI, IN, ME, MS, MO, MT, NE, NV, NH, NJ, NM, NY, ND, OK, OR, PA, SC, TX, VT, VA, WA, and WV. To view the number of CLE credits you may claim for completing this 90-minute seminar, please use our CLE Calculator or visit webCLE.
- Pending: DE, IL, IA, KY, LA, NC, OH, PR, WI, and WY. To view CLE information for these states, please visit webCLE.
- Attorneys must apply individually for approval of OnDemand programs in the following states: FL, ID, and UT.
- Not Eligible for CLE: AL, AR, KS, MN, RI, and TN.
For more information about CLE credit, please email email@example.com.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review Be On the Lookout: Pitfalls of Immigration Benefits Applications-CD!