You Can't Deport Me-I'm a US Citizen! True Claims to USC-CD
You Can’t Deport Me—I’m a Citizen! True Claims to U.S. Citizenship
This 90 minute web seminar was originally presented on March 29, 2011.
Often times we as attorneys try to jump in immediately to fix a problem, but what if there isn’t a problem in the first place? What if your client is a U.S. citizen? This panel will focus on the intricacies in determining whether or not a client has a claim to U.S. citizenship pursuant to the Child Citizenship Act or former law. Additionally, this panel will provide details for filing a certificate of citizenship and obtaining a U.S. Passport.
- Derivation of Citizenship through the Naturalization or Birth of a Parent Under the Child Citizenship Act and Former Law
- What if My Client’s Grandparent Was a U.S. Citizen?
- Filing Procedures for a Certificate of Citizenship with USCIS
- Evidence and Burden of Proof—Birth Records/Registrations of Birth
- What if the Child Was Born Out-of-Wedlock?
- Can One Apply for a U.S. Passport Instead of Filing an N-600?
AILA has not applied for and is not administering CLE credit for this OnDemand program. However, CLE self-study credit may be available in your jurisdiction. Please check your jurisdiction’s CLE rules on the AILA CLE Center for more information.
Ratings & Reviews
All reviews will be reviewed by AILA prior to appearing on this page.
Be the first to review You Can't Deport Me-I'm a US Citizen! True Claims to USC-CD!